About Matthew Genereux
Born and raised in Hockessin, Matthew is the youngest child of the late Joseph Genereux and the late Barbara Genereux. He attended Corpus Christi Catholic Grade School and graduated from Alexis I. duPont High School.
Matthew attended the University of Delaware and Catonsville Mortuary School, where he earned his degree in Funeral Service Proficiency enabling him to become a licensed funeral director with federal jurisdiction. For 20 years, Matthew's funeral service experience includes serving his own client families and services to other local area funeral homes throughout the nation. As a Mortuary Officer with the US Department of Defense shortly after the September 11th attack, Matthew has been engaged in the operations at the Dover Air Force Base Port Mortuary, where he worked the mission of preparing and returning our Nation's most precious asset to their families across the country. Today, Matthew continues to assist the mission at the Port Mortuary. Upon request, the funeral home provides military and vehicle escorted transpotration for fallen servicemen from the Dover facility to their hometown for burial.
Matthew's life experiences has shaped his personal, professional and technical abilities and has led to building his own state-of-the-art funeral and memorial home. Situated in an ideal location to serve the community, he has designed his facility with a home like atmosphere in a welcoming setting. He strives to engage families in building a funeral service for their loved one.
Matthew & Susan live in Kennett Square with their children, Sophia, Pierce and Soleil.
- President, Kennett Run Charities, Inc. 2011- 2015
- Kennett Square Lions Club, Past President, Past Golf Committee Chairman, President Award, Lion of the Year, Melvin Jones Fellow
- Past Board Chairman, Kennett Area Senior Center
- Charter Member, Knights of Columbus, St. Patrick Council ~ Kennett Square
- Charter Grand Knight, Knights of Columbus, Msgr. Dewson Council 13821. 4th Degree Member, Archbishop Fitzmaurice Assembly
- Past Board member, East Coast Waterfowl Migratory Bird Conservatory
- Associate member, Kennett Square YMCA